Fannie Mae Careers
Business Architect II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, assess and document high level existing business processes and functional needs across the enterprise. Work with the customers and other enterprise architects to formulate policies and plans that support the enterprise goals, implement efficient business processes and leverage use of existing IT assets. Align strategic goals and objectives with key business and IT initiatives. May assess business capabilities, functional needs across the enterprise, and high level business processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Apply a structured and systematic approach to capture high level views of the enterprise business model and processes in current state business architecture.
- Create optimized high level views of enterprise business model and processes in target state business architecture. Align artifacts and approach with broader architecture vision.
- Provide architectural subject matter expertise to internal and external clients, including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other staff regarding the various decisions and ramifications.
- Partner with business stewards to define performance metrics for target business architectures.
- Partner with other departments to identify opportunities for enhanced efficiency in strategic and tactical efforts. Review and assess proposed or current projects for adherence to architecture standards. Confer with business units and application development staff to understand the business requirements.
- Define core and support processes that transcend organizational and functional boundaries. Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- Evaluate the impact of enterprise architecture work and services on IT investments, business operations, and customer fulfillment. Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of business architecture and facilitate governance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
Prior experience working as a business architect required. CBA preferred.
Experience using architecture frameworks such as TOGAF (preferred), DODAF, EAF, or similar. TOGAF certification preferred.
Experience with business process modeling (BPMN preferred), business requirements elicitation or related requirements analysis techniques.
Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience facilitating discussions with business and technology stakeholders, documenting desired outcomes and gaining agreement on recommendations.
Experience in enterprise architecture, systems or data analysis a plus.
Knowledge of Accounting and Finance a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56212