Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer (Java/JEE)
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Finance Technology team in Herndon, VA is currently hiring a Software Engineer who will develop applications and drive (Test-Driven Development) TDD and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD). You’ll be responsible for designing and developing application automation and testing of systems. You will be responsible for applying expertise in programming to build and evolve test frameworks and methodologies to support quality and reliability of our systems.
These Agile Teams are working on building capabilities to price all Fannie Mae assets & liabilities to market price. The application is transitioning towards a microservices & micro front-end based architecture using technologies like React, Spring, Spring Cloud, Python, EDL & Data Visualization. Our management philosophy is based on servant leadership. Our architectural philosophy is Evolutionary Architecture. We operate on agile principles, giving the teams the decision-making capabilities and time to innovate, mature & evolve.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with engineering and product team to design and develop automated test methodologies under the direction of more senior staff.
- As part of a development team, contributes to the writing of actionable, testable product requirements in the form of user stories
- Applies coding expertise to develop and maintain test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· 2+ years of experience in Java/JEE (Spring, Spring Boot, Cloud)
· Experience with RESTful API’s and Web Services
· React.js is a plus
· Passionate about learning new things and excelling in executing them.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55468